Ahliana Dickey, 15 year old girl killed by her 21-year-old boyfriend just hours before her eighth-grade graduation

Ahliana Dickey, a 15-year-old from Massachusetts, was tragically shot and killed just hours before her middle school graduation. The Middlesex County District Attorney’s Office identified Ahliana Dickey as the victim, found dead in a first-floor bedroom of her Lowell home on Friday evening.

Ahliana Dickey was scheduled to attend her graduation that day, but when she didn’t show up, her worried family discovered her body and notified the police around 6:10 p.m.

Ahliana Dickey 21 year old

Authorities soon learned that Ahliana Dickey had been in an abusive relationship with 21-year-old Trevor Bady. Ahliana Dickey’s neighbor had reported a loud argument between a man and a woman just after midnight on Friday. The woman, later identified as Ahliana Dickey, was heard shouting, “Get off me, get away from me, I don’t want to be with you anymore,” followed by gunshots.

Ahliana Dickey with her boyfriend
Ahliana Dickey was involved in an abusive relationship with 21-year-old Trevor Bady.

Despite police responding to the scene, Ahliana and the suspect could not be immediately located. Surveillance footage revealed that she was calling for help shortly before midnight, and a male suspect was seen leaving her home around the same time.

The next day, police discovered that Trevor Bady had used an Uber to travel to and from her home before and after the shooting.

Ahliana Dickey with family

Bady, from Tewksbury, was arrested in Peabody on Monday without incident. He pleaded not guilty to charges including murder, armed home invasion, and unlawful possession of a firearm in Lowell District Court on Tuesday. According to the prosecutor, she had mentioned to someone two days prior to her death that Bady had threatened to kill her and her grandmother.

Ahliana Dickey with boyfriend
Ahliana Dickey’s family started to worry when she failed to appear for her eighth grade graduation.
Facebook / Stephanie Wetherbee

Trevor Bady is due back in court on July 30. In a heartfelt post on Facebook, her father, Scott Dickey, expressed his profound grief, saying, “My worst fear has happened. Losing a child, I wouldn’t wish this pain on anyone.” As of Tuesday afternoon, a GoFundMe campaign for her family had raised over $10,600 towards its $20,000 goal.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top